I read some alleged Steve Jobs quotes online, and they made him look really bad. I understand that he was really bad in many ways. The quotes are probably authentic. He liked to insult people.
It made me think I might do well to quote myself in case anyone is interested in noticing. I offer my quotes that express my appreciation of all of you. You are welcome to use them at my funeral, in the event I have one. There are better ways to use your time. I don’t recommend funerals.
- We don’t lack for wisdom. The mystery to me is our lack of interest in it.
- Some people measure wealth by possessions or power. I measure it by joy.
- Children come into this world with an affinity for joy. If they lose that we should examine ourselves.
- Everything about women is appealing.
- We are tempted to measure our life by how much time we spend in it. I think our achievement of kindness is a better yardstick.
- We are taught a lot of superstition, such as the power of boobs to lead us astray. I suggest abandoning superstition in all of its forms. Let’s restore boobs to a place of honor.
- We look to schools to validate us. Let’s not be shy about validating them—or not. Let them earn their privileges, if they deserve any.
Please share how you would like to be remembered.